In software testing, test automation is the use of software separate from the software being tested to control the execution of tests and the comparison of actual outcomes with predicted outcomes. Test automation can automate some repetitive but necessary tasks in a formalized testing process already in place, or perform additional testing that would be difficult to do manually. Test automation is critical for continuous delivery and continuous testing.
- Graphical user interface testing.
- API driven testing.
In hardware testing, also called post silicon validation, characterization, or hardware verification we here at Elsys have created processes to accelerate this procedure. From building custom test boards to building the environment to validate we provide the following:
- Requirements capture
- Verification Plan Development/Requirements traceability
- Instrument pin connection file
- Test Environment Development
- Test PCB development (requirements + schematic + PCB design)
- Instruments setup
- Thermal chamber setup
- Other electronic equipment setup
- LabVIEW drivers’ development
- Tests development (control of instruments, data acquisition, storage and analysis)
- Test report generation
The DUT (device under test) we start with a verification plan, where for each requirement we provide one or more test procedure.
EXAMPLES OF PRE BUILT TEST BOARDS: